Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Tonsils!

Last week I got my tonsils out! It was a horrible experience! My amazing mom took me to the hospital. I was really really scared! I got to wear a Huge hospital gown. (It was way too big for me.) and they had to put an IV in me twice because the first time it didn't work out!

When I woke up it HURT really bad!!!!!! I was so miserable! When I got home my amazing sister Liberty made me a bunch of get well signs, and Clarissa wrote me a nice letter!!! I hurt all week.

Mostly I lay on the love seat and crocheted and watched the two seasons of Bewitched my mom got me! Then on Thursday I started feeling better!! I am pretty much better now. I still hurt a little bit though when I eat but pretty much I'm feeling better!!

I'm really glad I'm getting better but I don't think I would have made it if I didn't have:

Two amazing sisters that don't even complain when I have to set my alarm twice in the middle of the night to take medicine!

Another amazing sister (Carolina) who gave me makeovers--put all her jewelry on me, paint my nails, and put on a LOT of lotion!

Pain medicine

Some amazing grandmas that called to see how I was doing and lent me movies to watch!

A wonderful aunt who gave me some really good ice cream!

Straws

Two seasons of Bewitched!

A Hyrum who can finish my icecream or popsicle or pudding if my throat just hurts too much to eat!

A Morgan who was extra nice to me and wouldn't finish my icecream or popsicle or pudding because he wants to be extra nice to me!

A Clarissa who taught both sunshine generation groups at the same time. (It was crazy!)

And most importantly, my wonderful amazing mom who bought me three gallons of ice cream even though I couldn't even eat one! She stayed home from church and read to me. She didn't make me do school, and she made me eat something even though my throat hurt. And she made custard and jello and took care of me!

I'm so thankful that I'm feeling better but I'm even more thankful for all the amazing people who helped me get better!!!

3 comments:

  1. Desi I'm so glad you're feeling better after your harrowing experience. You are so sweet to express your gratitude. You have a lot of people that love you (and I can see why!). I'm glad you're back to blogging. I think you should write a book and call it Deseret's Book. You could sell it at Deseret Book. It would be a hit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Desi, I'm so glad you are on the mend. How miserable! If I ever have to have my tonsils out, can I come and recooperate at your house? It sounds nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you're feeling well. We have a stack of pictures here that Isaiah keeps making for you. Savannah told me the other day, in a very concerned way, "Desi, sick." It was so sweet. We love you.

    ReplyDelete