Tuesday, March 22, 2011

My new Obsession #2

I'm crazy!! two posts in one day when I haven't posted in months. Anyway, I've also been obssesd with making these bags! I made a black and wite one for my friend for her Birthday and I liked it so much I made one for my girlscamp secret sister!!!

First I cut two piece of fabric of the same size but diferent colors for the main bag part. and I sewd them togeter at the tops, then I did the side seams to make a bag!

Next I cut a piece of the same fabric that is the inside of the bag and made the ruffle. I just basted it, gatered it and then sewed it on to the bag.

Then I made the strap. My strap was about the same thickness as my ruffle. one side of the strap I sewed to the back side of the bag and the other side I tied in a bow and handsewed it to the top of the ruffle.

This Is how the strap should look.

Then I pulled the bottom corners in and sewed them.


Sorry This isn't a verry discriptiv picture!!

And then....YOUR FINNISHED!!!!

I really like it!! I also think It would make a good scripture case!

1 comment:

  1. So cute! You should have an etsy shop. You could make big money.

    ReplyDelete