Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Seven Daughters and Seven Sons

Every night my mom likes to read to us in our book. We have read a lot of books this way. We all sit on the couch and my mom reads to us! We just finished a REALLY good book called The Shadow Spinner. It was amazing. (If you want a good book to read ,you can so borrow it!) Now we're reading in a book called Seven Daughters and Seven sons! It's getting existing!



Lately, we've been doing drawing contests whiale my mom reads to us! First, we did castles. It was really fun. I did a castle on a hill and a little village next to it! Then we did mystical creatures. I did a bird whose tale was a rainbow and breathed fire! It was awesome. I also did a picture with mermaids and fairies but I messed that one up. Last night we did people. I did a princess!!! At the end, we all lay our pictures out and we all vote on our favorite ones! It's really fun, and it's cool that we all draw differently. Clarissa draws with dark pen marks, and I draw with soft pencil,and a lot of little lines!



I love reading in our book, and I'm so glad my mom reads to us!



P.S Does anyone have any idea for our contest category tonight???

2 comments:

  1. Everyone draw a head then fold it over and pass it on. The next person needs to draw the torso then fold it over and pass it on. Next do waist to knees. Then below the knees. Try not to laugh too much or you won't hear the story your mom is reading.

    What a good mom you have to read to you. I think I really raised her right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll read anything with a title like "The Shadow Spinner." You should read "Fablehaven" by Brandon Mul!

    Your category tonight should have something to do with whatever is happening in your book right now.

    I hope you win!

    ReplyDelete